Indiana recently published a new site to upload and file alcohol excise tax returns. The site is ready for use, right now and means some changes in the process for those filing in Indiana.
What does this mean if I’m already registered and electronically filing through Indiana’s previous filing process?
- Your account is already set up on the new site.
- You can use your existing Indiana SFTP login credentials to access the new site and file.
- The EFT payment process is the same.
- The XML schema is the same.
What does this mean if I’m not registered?
- E-filing is a requirement, so you need to register.
- To register, follow these two steps:
- Email email@example.com for a Tax Identification Number if you don’t have one already
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for login credentials to the new website
With the new site, comes some new processes. There is no longer a need to PGP encrypt your XML report, and you no longer need to log into Indiana’s SFTP site with WinSCP to transfer the PGP encrypted XML file.
These changes affect the following reports for ShipCompliant customers:
- ALC-PS: Primary Source Suppliers Monthly Report
- ALC-DWS: Direct Wine Sellers Excise Tax Return
If you’re an AutoFile customer, you don’t need to worry about any of these changes. We’ve adjusted our processes accordingly.
If you have questions or need clarification on any of these changes, contact us by emailing email@example.com